Housing Programs Manager
Salary: Based on experience
Work Location: Boulder, Lafayette, Louisville, Longmont
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week/some work schedule flexibility
Reports to: Director of Programs
Supervises: Short-term Housing case managers, Transitional Housing case managers, Children’s case managers, volunteers as appropriate.
How to apply: Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 27, 2017
General Statement of Duties: This position is responsible for the development, planning, evaluation and implementation of all of EFAA’s housing programs and the associated housing related services, such as the Children’s program. Position is responsible for maintaining, collecting and analyzing program-related data and preparing reports; and working with community groups who support the Housing Program. The Housing Programs Manager will work with the Director of Programs and the Executive Director in determining any expansion or capital needs of housing homeless families in EFAA’s catchment area, as part of a long range plan for EFAA’s housing program.
Duties May Include, But Are Not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of EFAA’s housing programs, including short and long range planning, implementation, data collection/reporting, and program evaluation.
- Utilizing best practices, provide support and guidance to case managers in dealing with participants; obtaining appropriate training and professional development; advocating for needed resources; and working collaboratively with external communities.
- Facilitate, as needed, with EFAA housing staff Short-term housing sponsorship program, maintain relationships with sponsors of housing units; host visits by sponsoring organizations and speak to potential sponsoring groups as requested.
- Support a volunteer plan for the housing program (with Community Resource Manager as lead) which identifies opportunities for volunteer recruitment, training and supervision of housing related volunteers. Include community engagement strategies and show significant increased utilization of volunteers in the housing program.
- Fulfill duties as a member of Program Team, including: organize and/or participate in agency in-service training for other organizations, assist in coordinating basic needs/housing case management coverage, and participate in the hiring, training and supervision of Programs staff.
- Help develop property management policies, ensure that property management guidelines and policies are carried out effectively by the property management team.
- Working with the Director of Programs and the Executive Director, provide input and assessment for the evaluation of need for levels of housing services, specifically evaluate need and location of potential additional units of housing.
- Support EFAA’s Strategic Education efforts around housing and family homelessness, and interface with community systems addressing these issues.
Qualifications: Related undergraduate degree or relevant experience, experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse households, supervisory experience and excellent oral and written skills required. Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) highly preferred. Experience with homeless housings, transitional housing and/or housing management, public speaking experience, knowledge of Boulder County human services and master’s degree in related field, preferred.
Position Status: Full-time – Salaried employee. Eligible for health insurance and other agency benefits.
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used: Physical agility to perform all aspects of the job including standing, sitting, walking, the use of stairs, ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Office environment that requires the regular use of computers for data input and other work.
Opening Date: 8/7/17
Closing Date: 10/8/17