- Qualify, cultivate, steward and solicit key business, civic and faith-based donors and prospects.
- Oversee planning and execution of EFAA’s annual signature event; includes managing event budget, supporting volunteer planning committee, event set-up, and coordinating vendors and contracts.
- Solicit business sponsors for annual fundraising gala.
- Develop and execute other EFAA sponsored fundraising and donor stewardship events, including but not limited to EFAA’s annual donor stewardship luncheon.
- Liaise with Director of Volunteer Services to support strategic group volunteer projects.
- Support third-party fundraising events with business, civic, and faith-based organizations.
- Participate in Development & Communications Department and Committee meetings, staff and other relevant meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for working to ensure everyone in our community can meet their basic needs and expanding opportunity for all.
- Three years of event management and/or related experience required; nonprofit development experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Comfort speaking before groups and an enjoyment for outreach required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive required; experience working with donor CRM’s preferred.
Why Should You Apply:
EFAA’s culture is very employee focused and therefore, employees have access to an incredibly generous benefits package that includes:
- competitive pay
- considerable time off
- generous benefits including up to 100% employee paid premiums and employer contributed IRA
- family friendly policies and practices
- and a commitment to employee development and training
To apply, please send your cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 15th. As the subject of the email, please write “Development and Events Manager” along with the applicant’s name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used: Typical office environment. Regularly uses computer for data input and other work. Must have personal vehicle for transportation. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. to support event needs/set-up.
Employee must take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents; adhere to and practice EFAA Safety Rules.
Updated February 2019
Job Title: Case Manager – Basic Needs
Work Site: 1575 Yarmouth, Boulder, CO 80304
Hours of Work: 40.0 hours per week. This person will work within the hours of 8:00 – 5:30 with a specific schedule determined by the employee and their supervisor in conjunction with other staff who work at those locations. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job. This position is supervised by the Basic Needs Program Manager.
Mission: Help those in our community whose immediate needs for food, shelter, and other basic necessities cannot be adequately met by other means and support their efforts toward financial stability or self-sufficiency.
Organization: For 100 years, EFAA has been a locally operated community safety net for families in times of need. In addition to committed staff, EFAA has strong community partnerships and a thriving volunteer program which help to facilitate our mission.
General Statement of Duties: This person is responsible for providing day-to-day casework services with families and individuals that are having difficulty in meeting basic material needs, primarily around food and housing. This position requires individual and team-based decision making, assistance with an array of administrative duties, while also participating in the training and support of volunteers. All EFAA staff are required to contribute to the development of the organization.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct professional interviews with diverse clients
- Provide bilingual (Spanish) conversational casework services for Spanish speaking clients
- Regularly collaborate with co-workers and supervisor on cases
- Maintain working knowledge of community resources available to assist the populations served
- Enter all relevant information into the database for tracking and analysis
- Make decisions regarding participant services on a daily basis
- Distribute assistance to clients according to EFAA’s policies and procedures
- Complete case management related paperwork in accurate and timely manner
- Identify and report on unmet needs
- Work with Supervisor on client related issues including but not limited to: case related paperwork, working with challenging cases/clients, in-services with outside agencies, budget related issues, etc
- Maintain positive working relationships with groups and individuals referring people to EFAA for help
- Participate in Basic Needs Plus case management programming based on agency needs and funding
- Attend regular meetings as a member of the Program Team
- Provide support to other paid and volunteer staff working in the Boulder
- Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents
- Adhere to and practice EFAA Safety Rules. Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA Safety Rules at all times
- Identify and participate in professional development activities
- Participate in hiring of new staff members as needed
- Make suggestions on improvements in procedures and policies and program to improve EFAA
- Complete a professional development plan in the annual performance review
- Help support occasional evening and weekend events
- Related undergraduate degree and/or relevant experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse households
- Familiarity with Microsoft programs as well as the ability to use additional software programs
- Professional level oral and written skills
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
- Typical office environment. Regularly uses computer for data input and other work.
Why You Should Apply:
EFAA’s culture is employee-focused providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- competitive pay commensurate of education and experience
- considerable PTO
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Up to 100% employer paid health insurance premiums and employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- family friendly policies and practices
- designated paper time
- a commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com